We are happy to negotiate terms with suppliers and accept standard terms of supply from suppliers subject to the following provisions.
The supplier must make payment terms clear at the time of initial ordering/negotiation, and also clearly state if terms have changed for any reason. We are happy to agree supplier payment terms subject to:-
- Unless we agree to pay you by Direct Debit, you shall supply us with UK bank details by which we may make payment to you using BACS
- No payment shall be considered late if made on or before the day that goods or services to which the payment relates are finally and completely supplied.
- No payment shall be considered late if made within 5 working days after the day on which we first receive the invoice to which the payment relates.
- No payment shall be considered late if the delay is demonstratably due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- No payment shall be considered late if the means of payment allow you to control the date on which payment is made (e.g. Direct Debit or card payment)
- Payment by BACS or other bank transfer or electronic means shall be considered completed on the banking statement date on the account to which it was paid.
- Payment by card shall be considered complete on the date that the card payment is authorised.
- Payment by cheque or other voucher or token shall be considered completed on the date that the cheque/voucher/token is within your possession, in possession of your agent, or on your premises (even if not a working day).
- Payment by offset of an amount due to you against an amount due to us shall be considered complete on the invoice date of our invoice to you.
Late payment penalties
We agree late payment penalties and interest shall be due for any payment we make that is late, as defined in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1998, considering the above terms, subject to:
- Late payment penalties and interest shall only be payable upon receipt by us of an invoice detailing the exact reasons for the penalties and interest charges and the invoice(s) to which the late payment relate.
- Such invoice must be received by us within 3 months after the relevant late payment was made.
- You agree that the above restrictions only define procedural and timing requirements relating to your right to penalties and that they do not exclude your right to penalties as defined in 8(1) of the Act.
Invoices that do not add up
It seems impossible that anyone could send any invoice that does not add up, buy we have encountered suppliers that managed to send such invoices. As such the following terms apply in any case where an invoice does not add up, by which we mean any simple arithmetic in the invoice is incorrect or that VAT is miscalculated by more than 10p on the total invoice.
- At our discretion we may reject the entire invoice as invalid, and payment only be due when presented with a valid invoice (that adds up) as per above terms.
- At out discretion we may apply the invoice, correcting any addition or using any value stated in a way that most benefits us.
- We reserve our right to report any incorrect invoices to HMRC as possible VAT fraud.
All equipment supplied to us that does any IP at all, whether for resell or for our own use, must work with IPv6.